The Northern California Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH), a multidisciplinary program of the University of California at Berkeley, Davis, and San Francisco, promotes health and safety in workplaces and communities by:
- Educating health professionals in epidemiology, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, medicine, nursing, toxicology, and related fields to be leaders in occupational and environmental health.
- Developing new knowledge through an interdisciplinary research agenda focused on preventing illness and injury.
- Responding to the needs of people affected by hazards in their workplaces or communities, with special attention to vulnerable populations.
Through these activities COEH supports federal, state, and local agencies, health and safety professionals, industry, labor, and community-based organizations in their efforts to prevent occupational and environmental disease and injury.
COEH is an Education and Research Center (ERC) of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
Director: John R. Balmes
Deputy Directors: Patricia Quinlan and Julia Buss
- Occupational and Environmental
Epidemiology, UCB: Ellen Eisen
- Ergonomics UCB, UCSF: Carisa Harris-Adamson
- Global Health and Environment UCB: Kirk R. Smith
- Industrial Hygiene, UCB: S. Katharine Hammond
- Targeted Research Training: Michael N. Bates
- Labor Occupational Health Program: Laura Stock
- Continuing Education: Julia Buss
- Agriculture Safety and Health Training Program, UCD: Fadi Fathallah
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering, UCD: Fadi Fathallah
- Public Health Sciences, UCD: Marc B. Schenker
- Occupational and Environmental Medicine, UCSF: Paul Blanc
- Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing, UCSF: Oisaeng Hong
COEH Bridges is published by the Center for Occupational and Environmental Health (COEH)
Editorial Board: John Balmes, Patricia Quinlan, Julia Buss, and Robert Spear
Managing Editor, Design, and Production: Shizuka Kuroiwa
Writer: Maureen Jerrett
Fax: (510) 642-5815
Center for Occupational & Environmental Health
University of California, Berkeley
School of Public Health
Berkeley, CA 94720-7360