Lecturer and Preceptor,
University of California, Berkeley
Email: IraJanowitz [at] gmail.com
• Ergonomics evaluation and workstation design
• Optimizing work flow in office, laboratory & material handling settings
• Evaluating and improving software and product usability
• Building organizational capabilities to manage ergonomics issues
• Lichty M, Janowitz I, Rempel D (2011). Ergonomic evaluation of 10 single-channel pipettes. Work 39:177–185.
• Janowitz I, et al (2006). Measuring the physical demands of work in hospital settings: design and implementation of an ergonomics assessment. Applied Ergonomics, 37(5):641-658.
• Rempel, D, Janowitz, I (2006). “Ergonomics and the Prevention of Work-Related Musculoskeletal Problems”, Chapter 12 in J. LaDou (Ed.), Occupational and Environmental Medicine, 3rd Ed., Appleton/Lange.
• Janowitz I, et al (2005). Ergonomics evaluation of the use of a handled shower-cleaning tool. Proc. of the 49th Annual Conf. of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
• Janowitz, et al, (2002).Validation and field testing of an ergonomic computer use checklist and guidebook. Proc. of the 46th Annual Conf. of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society.
Occupational Biomechanics/Ergonomics course with Dr. David Rempel (UCB).
Honors and Awards
• Certificant, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics.
• Ergo Cup (US Dept. of Energy Team),10th Annual Institute for Industrial Engineering.
• Distinguished Service Award (AERC Team), University of California.
• Outstanding Office Ergonomics Award (City of San José Team), Center for Office Technology.
Public and University Service
• Course Director, Ergonomics Course at the COEH Annual Institute for Continuing Education
• Preceptor, student internships for the Department of Bioengineering & the School of Public Health, UC Berkeley.