Center for Occupational and Environmental Health
University of California
School of Public Health
50 University Hall, #7360
Berkeley CA 94720-7360
phone: 510-643-4422 / fax: 510-642-5815
- Master of Science in Chemistry (2009) at the University of California, Berkeley, with a specialization in organometallic and supramolecular chemistry.
- Bachelor of Science (Hon. B.Sc., 2006) from the University of Toronto.
Current Research Interests
- Open data and open science for chemical hazard assessment. The Public Library of Materials Project (http://plm.berkeley.edu), and broader, collaborative efforts to develop a “chemical information commons” – a network of linked open data resources for hazard and material sustainability data.
- How green chemistry can be advanced toward the goal of a sustainable material economy. Inquiry at the interface of chemistry, environmental health sciences, and public policy. Development and application of multi-endpoint chemical hazard assessment and chemical alternatives assessment frameworks.
- Akos Kokai. “What are valid metrics of bioaccumulation?” (Lecture). California Green Chemistry Workshop: Indicators of Ecotoxicity Hazards and Exposure Potential. Berkeley, CA, USA. May 10, 2010.
- Akos Kokai, Robert G. Bergman and Kenneth N. Raymond. “Selective Organic and Organometallic Reactions Mediated by Self-assembled Supramolecular Nanovessels” (Lecture). Joint Workshop – Catalysis: Advances and Perspectives: University of Heidelberg, Germany, September 15, 2008.
- Lily Yu, Akos Kokai, and Andrei K. Yudin. “Preparation and Reactivity of Versatile α-Amino Ketones.” Journal of Organic Chemistry 2007, 72, 1737–1741.
- Canadian Society for Chemistry Silver Medal (2005)
- NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (2004 and 2005)
- American Chemical Society Undergraduate Award in Analytical Chemistry (2005)
- University of Toronto David McLaren Scholarship in Chemistry (2005)
- University of Toronto Ivan Szak Scholarship in Chemistry (2005)