School of Medicine
Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine
University of California
San Francisco, CA 94143-1378
Current Research Interests
• Health hazards of underground work at the Nevada Test Site
• Beryllium surveillance programs
• Healthcare worker injuries
Meister R.K., Zheng Y. “Biological Monitoring” in LaDou J. (ed) Current Occupational & Environmental Medicine, 4th Ed., Lange Medical Books/McGraw-Hill, 2007
Smith RS, Meister RK, Tsoi EK, et al. 1993. Laparoscopically Guided Blood Salvage and Autotransfusion in Splenic Trauma. A Case Report. J of Trauma 34:313-14.
Meister RK, Esquivel CO, Cox KL, et al. 1993. The Influence of Portoenterostomy with Stoma on Morbidity in Pediatric Patients with Biliary Atresia Undergoing Orthotopic Liver Transplantation. J Pediatric Surg 28:387-90.
Amsterdam EA, Ridgeway MG, Meister RK. 1986. Long-term Results of Surgical and Medical Therapy for Survivors of Myocardial Infarction.(Abstract) Clinical Research 34:2A.
Public and University Service
• Staff Physician, Occupational Health Service Clinic, SFGH
• Staff Physician, Nevada Test Site former worker screening program
• Associate Medical Director, California Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Workers’