School of Nursing
Occupational and Environmental Health Nursing
University of California, San Francisco
2 Koret Way, Room N505
San Francisco, CA 94143-0608
415-476-3221 Fax: 415-476-6042 Office Phone:
Current Research Interests
My area of research is occupational health, and I am interested in prevention measures of occupational injury and illness. I have conducted studies on risk perception and safe work behaviors, musculoskeletal disorders, pesticide exposure and illness, chemical exposure among hospital cleaning workers, and influenza vaccination among health care workers.
- Lee SJ, Mehler L, Beckman J, Diebolt-Brown B, Prado JB, Lackovic M, Waltz J, Mulay P, Schwartz A, Mitchell Y, Moraga-McHaley S, Gergly R, Calvert BM. (In press). Acute illnesses associated with off-target pesticide drift from agricultural application in the United States, 1998-2006. Environmental Health Perspectives.
- Magill SS, Black SR, Wise ME, Kallen AJ, Lee SJ, Gardner T, Husain F, Srinivasan A, Gerber SI, Jhung M. (In press). Investigation of an outbreak of 2009 pandemic influenza A (H1N1) infections among healthcare personnel in a Chicago hospital. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Lead author - Lee SJ). (2010). Acute illnesses associated with work-related antimicrobial pesticides exposures in healthcare facilities - California, Louisiana, Michigan, and Texas, 2002-2007. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 59(18), 551-556. PMID: 20467413 (JAMA selected from MMWR and reprinted this article in 2010: Journal of the American Medical Association, 304(2), 152-154.)
- Lee SJ, Faucett J, Gillen M, Krause N, Landry L. (2010). Factors associated with safe patient handling behaviors among critical care nurses. American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 53(9), 886-897. PMID: 20698021
- Lee SJ, Mulay P, Diebolt-Brown B, Lackovic MJ, Mehler LN, Beckman J, Waltz J, Prado JB, Mitchell YA, Higgins SA, Schwartz A, Calvert GM. (2010). Acute illnesses associated with exposure to fipronil--Surveillance data from 11 states in the United States, 2001-2007. Clinical Toxicology (Philadelphia, PA), 48(7), 737-744. PMID: 20849331
American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
Sigma Theta Tau International, Alpha Eta Chapter
Selected Honors and Awards
2006 Medique New Investigator Research Grant Award, AAOHN
2006 Alpha Eta Chapter Research Award, Sigma Theta Tau International
2002-07 UCSF Regent Fellowship, Graduate Dean's Health Science Fellowship
1993 Alumni Association Award, Magna Cum Laude, Seoul National University
1992 Sigma Theta Tau International, Lambda Alpha-at-Large Chapter