Residency Program - How to Apply
Applications can be submitted to us directly, or via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Application materials must be received (or posted on ERAS) by October 15th to receive full consideration. A complete application consists of the following:
- A completed ERAS application or direct application to us; including a 1-2 page essay statement describing your interest and experience in Occupational and/or Environmental Medicine. The personal statement must be original, i.e. in your own words.
- A certified original copy of your medical school transcript.
- A Dean's letter and three letters of recommendation.
The same review process will be applied to applications received directly or obtained via the ERAS. Qualified candidates will be invited to visit UCSF at their own expense for interviews.
- Direct Application: Click on the link in the right hand column to access the UCSF OEM application form and instructions. Application materials should be mailed, emailed, or faxed to:
Occupational Medicine Residency and Fellowship Program,
University of California, San Francisco,
UCSF Box 0843, San Francisco, CA 94143-0843
Questions about our application process can be directed to program directors Paul Blanc or Robert Harrison:
Occupational Medicine Residency and Fellowship Program
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco General Hospital
1001 Potrero Ave, Bldg 30, Suite 3500
San Francisco, CA 94110
Paul Blanc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Robert Harrison: email@example.com
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) : ERAS permits applicants to compile their application materials in a central secure web location such that each of their selected training programs can access the documents directly. There is a fee to applicants for this service. For more general information about ERAS visit: http://www.aamc.org/students/eras/start.htm
Our program is listed under Preventive Medicine residencies. All applicants to the two-year training program must also complete a separate application to the University of California, Berkeley, School of Public Health MPH or MS degree program. The deadline for application to UC Berkeley is in December.
Applications are complete when we have: (1) a completed application form; with a one-page essay statement describing your interest in Occupational and/or Environmental Medicine (2) a certified original copy of your medical school transcript (3) a Dean's letter; and three letters of recommendation.