UCSF Occupational & Environmental
Clinic at Mt. Zion Hospital
The Occupational and Environmental Medicine Clinic at UCSF/Mt. Zion provides diagnostic consultations for complex clinical problems in occupational or environmental health.
The clinic specializes in toxicology, occupational or environmental respiratory disease, occupational neurology, reproductive toxicology, ergonomic and musculoskeletal issues.
Among the specialty services available are respirator fit testing and medico-legal reports by qualified medical evaluators.
The clinic is staffed by board certified occupational and environmental medicine specialists, medical toxicologists, a pediatrician, and an industrial hygienist. We provide training for fellows, residents, industrial hygiene and occupational health nursing students.
Examples of conditions seen in our clinic:
- Occupational asthma or allergy
- Pregnant worker exposure concerns
- Musculoskeletal disorders in workers
- General toxicology
- Exposures to heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium
- Solvent-related health effects
- Pesticide exposures
- Carbon monoxide exposures
- Mold-related illness
- Chemical sensitivity
- Families or children with environmental illness