According to the FAAN website, Academy fellows have a responsibility to contribute their time and energies to the Academy, and to engage with other health leaders outside the Academy in transforming America’s health system by:
- Enhancing the quality of health and nursing;
- Promoting healthy aging and human development across the life continuum;
- Reducing health disparities and inequalities;
- Shaping healthy behaviors and environments;
- Integrating mental and physical health; and
- Strengthening the nursing and health delivery system, nationally, and internationally.
Dr. Thompson will be officially inducted to the academy in October 2017 in Washington DC. Congratulations!