The Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (OLPPP) in the Occupational Health Branch at the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) will soon be filling a Health Program Specialist II (HPS II) or Health Education Consultant II (HEC II) civil service position located in Richmond, California (SF Bay Area). The position will lead outreach and education activities for OLPPP, developing and implementing outreach and education campaigns and tools for various audiences and target populations. This may include trainings, seminars, website, social media, educational materials, etc.
Civil service jobs require a 2-step process: 1) apply to get on a CDPH civil service hiring list for a classification for which you are eligible; and 2) wait to be notified of vacancies for that classification, then apply for that specific job and the interview process conducted by the hiring supervisor.
To check minimum qualifications and apply for the CDPH HPS II and/or HEC II list:
- Go to:
o HPS II: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/3H1AB.PDF
o HEC II: https://www.jobs.ca.gov/JOBSGEN/2H1CE.PDF
- Follow instructions exactly; call Human Resources if you have questions about the process.
- This process is not quick, but it is the only way you can get a CDPH job if you are not already in a lateral civil service classification, have worked previously for the State, etc.
- More information is available at https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/HRB/Pages/HumanResourcesBranch.aspx
- Upcoming exam application deadline
o HPS II: November 5 (& approx. every 2 months after)
o HEC II: November 1 (& approx. every 2 months after)
- Please contact Nina Townsend, CIH, MPH, CSP, Chief, Occupational Lead Poisoning Prevention Program, CDPH at email@example.com or (510) 620-5763 to let her know you are interested in this position.